For a little over a year the beauty world had been flushed with declass of all types - eyeshadow, eyeliner stick-ons, lip tattoos, and probably the most poignant - nail art decals. Recently I was given the opportunity to try out Kiss Brand *Kiss Nail Dress - Fashion That Sticks* decals; excited about the venture would be putting it lightly. I adored Sally Hansen's version and so trying out another brand's seemed all too natural.
Boy, was I disappointed.
Again, I am certainly not new to applying and properly using nail decals, yet this version din't even stay on a full 24 hours. I had thoroughly cleaned my nails, taking off all polish and even wiping them with rubbing alcohol to ensure a smooth & oil free surface; I then applied the decals just as I normally would. Here is a breakdown of the experience followed by Pro's & Con's:
2:30 pm I applied the Kiss Nail Dress Decals
4:00 - 5:00 pm Two decals are already peeling at the tips (both pointer fingers).
8:00 pm After 2 washing of my hands, 1 more decal (Right Pinky Finger) is beginning to peel up.
11:00 pm Washing up for bed, conducting my nightly skincare routine and one falls off completely (Right index finger)
6:00 am The Next Morning All nail decals are peeling up except the Right thumb and the Left ring finger
8:45 am I can't stand it anymore so I attempt to peel off the Left Thumb - it comes off nicely & I get the brilliant idea to peel them ALL off.
10:00 am They are ALL finally off.
- The variety of design selection - There are 18 to choose from
- You get 18 strips per pack which is great in case you make a mistake or have faux nails or need a varying size type.
- Kiss claims that their strips won't dry out like the competitors - they actually DONT dry out! This means you can store the unused portion longer.
- Price these are roughly $6.99
- They don't seem to stretch well without ripping
- They do not file off as cleanly as Sally Hansen's version
- They PEEL! PEEL! PEEL!
- They make a claim of lasting 10 Days, mine didn't truly make it 24 hours - I would try again for sure, but from MY experience, that claim is FALSE.
- They do not seem at sturdy as S.H. brand
- They did not apply cleanly and they bubbled quite a bit
- They left a sticky, unpleasant, hard-to-get-off residue on my nails once they had peeled away.
Below is the GROSS sticky residue the Kiss Nail Dress Decals left behind
So there you have it, my personal experience with Kiss Nail Dress :-) What are YOUR thoughts? Have you tried them?